dbStat a Mysql Database Optimization Tool.
I have been working on a script as of late to aid in the ever ongoing process of optimizing a web applications “back end”, inevitably the database, and underlying code.
Thus dbstat was born, the current version is not for release just yet , as some tweaks are still needed, at the moment it only supports reporting for a single database at any one time.
v 0.5 Features list.
- Dynamic / Fixed row size checking. (Dynamic size rows can cause table fragmentation).
- MyISAM / InnoDB checking (Reports total number of tables using these engines).
- Index threshold testing.
- Table fragmentation threshold testing.
- Table size threshold testing.
- Database size reporting.
At the moment this is currently written in PHP, and is quite heavily scripted I will be looking to move to C++ for a v1.0 for the release, for calculations sake and to remove the need to install PHP.
I will post more information as the project develops, I will be looking to release the program and source under GPL by version 1.
By version 1, I intend to have included the following:
- User interactive reporting. (On even of threshold being exceeded, prompt user to fix or skip, with cursory notes*)
- Table de-fragmentation.
- Reporting to include suggested fixes.
*Cursory notes to describe the fix, and possible implications of actioning it.
So watch this space, and please leave requests via comments :)